Be terrific. Be amazing. Be wonderful. Be excited to be alive, on the field, in the clubhouse, where ever! If someone calls you and asks you how you are doing don’t tell them you are fine. Tell them you are amazing. You are contributing to the energy around you, to your performance as a person, and it will help you when you are on the field. You choose how you feel.
Related Madeism Posts
In order to be successful in anything in life you must show up EVEryday. With true commitment comes many sacrifices that will need to be MADE along the way. If you don’t show up, then success will never come. If you do show up EVEryday and you commit yourself to your cause, success is inevitable.
Do not allow excuses to be part of your make up as a person or a player.
In the MADE program we have accountability partners. For the first half of the season, our accountability partner is a teammate, in the second half of the season our partner is the person we see in the mirror, ourself. First we learn how to help our teammates stay accountable in their weekly Get Better routine. We write down what our partner did that week relative to the following categories…
1) Baseball – doing learned drills on your own at home, studying the game, etc
2) Fitness – MADE Crush sessions, stretching consistently, yoga, hiking, etc
3) Nutrition – Water EVEryday, no soda! Protein, vegetables, lead by example in your household and amongst your peers
4) Academics – study for a test, ace a test, ask for extra credit, lead by example
5) Family member – help your parents around the house without being told, be a productive, supportive, and quality member of your family, lead by example
After we learn what it means to hold each other accountable for their actions in the first half of the season, we become our own accountability partner. In the second half of the season we learn what it takes to be accountable for our own actions and we realize that we determine our own success.
Hiking is one of the best fitness activities any athlete or person can do. The more challenging the hike is, the more accomplishment and gratitude you will feel once you reach the top. Not only is a hike, such as Camelback mountain, rigorous and physically challenging, it is an opportunity to be in nature and appreciate the outdoors. Reaching the top never gets old…remember though, its not how you start! Its how you finish!