Coach KP provides private baseball lessons in Santa Monica at Penmar Park
Hi, my name is Coach Kelvin Parker. I have had baseball as a primary focus in my life since I was just 8 years old. My main positions throughout my playing career were shortstop and centerfield. I have played my whole life, learned from amazing coaches during my journey, and now I am blessed to coach the game and share my knowledge and experience with youth. I can teach your player how to hit, throw, catch, steal bases, increase their baseball IQ, and teach them how to be mentally strong. Baseball involves a lot of “failure” so navigating how to respond to adverse situations from a young age is a strong focus of mine as a baseball coach.
- Varsity Coach at Belmont High School in LA
- Assistant Varsity Coach at Golden Valley High School (2019)
- Board Member and Coach, 3rd year.
- Coached at the Baseball School of America for 2 years and was an integral staff member in charge of running the baseball training programs
- 1986 Little League World Series, (team: Sarasota, Florida)
- Junior Olympics Gold Medal winner
- Sarasota High School Nationally Rank #1 “89
- Garfield HS Nationally Ranked #11 “92
- Attended and played for Montgomery College Rockville (Juco)
- Drafted Freshman year to Houston Astros organization
- Played one more year at Montgomery, Went to rookie ball in Kissimmee, Florida
- Currently organizes and run the CCLL baseball skills camps
- Certified Baseball Scout
A lesson with me:
A lesson with me will always be educational and fun. I have a deep passion for the game with extensive knowledge in all areas. I take pride in connecting with my players and providing mentorship and communication that is effective and memorable. No player is the same and no lesson will be the same, although I always structure my baseball lessons to fit the needs of the player as I have assessed them and/or whatever notes they have left when signing up. If you book a lesson with me, you will always get drills and homework to work on because I can only give you the tools. You will need to work in on your own as well if you want to be your best!
Favorite Motivational Quote: