MADE Baseball Club Team Tryout (8U)
- Age Group: 8U (Birthday must be on or after May 1, 2012 to tryout.)
- Location: Westchester Park, 7000 W Manchester Ave, Los Angeles, CA 90045
- Date/Time: Sunday, February 21 from 2pm-4:30pm. Arrive at 1:30pm for check in.
- Cost of Tryout: $50 (if you currently have a Hustle Ball class package, you can apply it to the tryout.)
- COVID: MASKS REQUIRED!
*Stations will include: Hitting, Pitching, Fielding, Catching, Running/Sliding.
*Making the team: While our intention is to create two great 8U teams from this tryout, there is no guarantee that your player will make it.
What is the difference between Little League and Club/Travel Ball?
Club ball is generally more intensive than little league. It is a bigger commitment across the board. It is for players who love the game and want to play a lot. Also, in the MADE Baseball organization, we do not have dads that coach. While we may possibly utilize a dad to give an extra hand here or there, our club teams are ran by our professional MADE Baseball coaches. Our coaches make decisions for the team that are unbiased, but we do play favorites…
Our “favorites” always have been and will continue to be the players and families who:
- Are attentive and Communicative. Read our emails and information carefully to understand what is happening and actively work to avoid asking questions that have been covered in our correspondence.
- Love baseball. And love working at their game. That means practicing on their own outside of our team practices.
- Positive. Fun loving and consistently positive energy who don’t complain.
- Thick skin. We create and foster a culture of kindness and fun, but we also expect our players to work hard while having fun, and we teach our players to embrace mental and physical toughness.
- Committed. Show up to practice consistently, on time, ready to go, looking sharp. This also means prioritizing baseball as the main sports activity when scheduling conflicts arise.
- Coachable. Do what we ask promptly, politely, and consistently. Don’t have to be told things multiple times.
- Give 100%. Try their best all the time, regardless of what position they play or where they hit in the lineup.
- Listen to their coach. “YES, Coach.”
- And many more of the MADE Details
If your player is interested in trying out, these are the types of things you will want to help them understand, just as we do in our practices and message to our players.
We have a made a great video for you to explain setting our club team expectations. If you would like to tryout out, we recommend that you take the time to watch it with your player.
Club Team Details:
Our club team will be focused on developing the fundamental skills and baseball IQ of our players through the instruction of our professional baseball coaches. We will plan on a tentative schedule of 3 month seasons, followed by a 2-4 week break. We also encourage our players/families to consider playing other sports, rather than feeling like they have to play baseball year round.
Learn more about the MADE Baseball Curriculum
Practice 2x per week (2 hours each). Practice schedule is TBD, but will likely include one weekend practice and one weekday practice.
Play in games and/or tournaments at least once a month, possibly more. As things get back to normal and open up, we will shoot for one tournament a month.
Exact location TBD: We will practice in the Santa Monica area at either Penmar Park, Gandara Park, or Westchester Recreation Center.
Cost: $1050 every 3 months. Must commit 3 months at a time and be paid up front. Fees cover cost of coaches, fields, and insurance.
Uniforms: Extra cost (TBD, plan for a one time fee of between $120-$200)
Games and Tournaments: Extra cost (TBD, plan for a monthly fee of between $50-$150, dependent on what games we schedule or tournaments we enter)
*Please make sure you have read all the tryout details and club commitments prior to registering for the tryout*