What is Hustle Ball?
How Hustle Ball Works...
- Pick teams and assign dugouts or areas for each team to put their stuff. Sometimes coaches pick the teams, sometimes we assign captains to pick teams.
- Go over rules and answer any questions.
- Play ball!
*In Hustle Ball, you can get called out for various acts of negligence and/or lack of hustle. Get your mind right!
- If you are in your teammates face and being negligent of social distancing in any way, you will be called for an out. Please be smart, safe, and respectful AT ALL TIMES!
- Forgetting to get the last hitter’s bat back to the dugout in time.
- Not sprinting the whole way down to first base.
- Walking between the lines at anytime(on and off the field).
- Arguing ANY call at ANY time.
- Going into a base without sliding. If a play at a base is even remotely close to qualifying the need for a player to slide, he will be called out if he chooses not to slide.
- Having your shoes untied(you must call timeout and tie your shoes if you happen to see them come untied) If a coach notices before you do, you will be called for an out.
- If you go up to the plate without a helmet, you are out. If you go out to the field without your hat, you will be called for an out.
- You have TWO swings to put the ball in play fair when hitting off of the tee or soft toss. You have a 1-1 count anytime either a coach or another player is pitching to you, and you are able to have a regular at bat(same rules as regular baseball).
- There are no walks. If you are walked during a live pitching at bat, the at-bat starts back at a count of 1-1.
- There are no lead-offs at any time unless otherwise decided by the coach on a given day.
- If it is the last half inning of the game and the defense has an infraction, the offense receives an additional out while hitting.
*We will play as many innings as time allows. Game stops 5 minutes before the end of the scheduled session time. (ie: if session is 3-4:30pm, we will stop at exactly 4:25pm).
*The game will stop regardless of whether or not the home team has gotten their last at bat.
*Coaches may assign short game breaks as needed. We move fast!
*All Hustle Ball calls are made by the coaches. Warnings are generally given to newer players while they learn the rules.
*Make sure your player has a mask and wears it, and understands that we are continuing to practice social distancing!
*Bring all necessary gear(glove, bat, etc), baseball pants, cleats, and hat.
*This is a LIVE GAME!
Let’s get after it!
PURCHASE A CLASS PACKAGE
*Be sure to schedule your classes after purchasing a class pack
“My son loves this baseball class and looks forward to it every week! Coach Isaac makes it a fun experience for the kids. It is very structured and the kids get a lot of encouragement. I would highly recommend it!”
-Mona, Santa Monica
“Absolutely LOVE this class! The coaches are so professional, but also allow for the kids to have fun. My son has learned so much from the coaches and raves about his experience with Made Baseball. It’s truly the highlight of his week and really what he looks forward to every week. We are so happy we can continue to enjoy baseball! Highly recommend this to anyone looking for baseball classes!”
-Aisha, Santa Monica
PLEASE CONTINUE TO BE SMART!
Players are required to wear masks during any hustle ball session they attend.
If a player does not have a mask, they will not be allowed to participate and there will be no refund granted for the session.
Please ensure that your player is continuing to be smart and practice social distancing at all times!
This is a team effort between parents, players, and coaches and we are all working together to protect ourselves and one another at all times!
Cancelations 24 hours or more in advance will not be charged. Cancelations within 24 hours of the scheduled lesson, or failure to show up, will be charged at full price. Thank you for understanding.