Are you a shortstop looking to take your game to the next level? Look no further! In this blog post, we’ll be sharing the top 5 drills for shortstops that will help you improve your agility, coordination, speed, and accuracy on the field.
- Quick Feet: This drill will help you increase your agility by teaching you how to move quickly in any direction. Start in a squat position, then quickly shuffle your feet to the left, right, forward, and backward. Make sure to keep your weight centered and arms in a ready position.
- Pivot Drill: This drill will help you practice pivoting and throwing quickly. Start by standing in a ready position, then pivot to one side and throw the ball to a partner. Make sure to keep your feet planted and arms in a ready position throughout the drill.
- Reaction Drill: This drill will help you hone your reaction time and accuracy. Have your partner stand 10-15 feet away and throw you a ground ball. As soon as you catch the ball, throw it back to your partner.
- Targets: This drill will help you increase your accuracy and arm strength. Have your partner set up four targets at different distances (home plate, first base, second base, and third base). Then, throw the ball to each target in succession.
- Backhand Drill: This drill will help you increase your agility and accuracy. Stand in a ready position, then have your partner throw the ball over your shoulder. Catch the ball with a backhand and throw it back to your partner.
We hope this list of drills will help you become a better shortstop! Good luck, and have fun!
Want to work with a professional baseball coach? Book private baseball lessons today with one of our MADE Baseball Coaches and start #GettinMADE!